Chrysler Repair/transmisson or electrical problem: '94 Concorde

Question
i have a 94 Concorde 6cyl 3.3l no flex. When i drive my car for a little while it gets fully warmed and there are times when it is driven enough it will studder during a shift into second. if i keep driving it will continue to do this for a short bit then it either goes into limbo(neutral) or limp(higher gear) mode. if i let the car rest for half hour or more it will be fine for a little bit then does the same stuff again.  need help.

Answer
Hi Mike,
That is the classic sign that the transmission controller has recognized some sort of transmission malfunction and is putting it into 2 gear only limp mode which protects against further problems. I would get a fault code readout of the transmission control module using the data link connector which is blue, under the dash, to the right of the steering column.
The fault codes are 2-digit numbers and are separate from those of the engine control module which are also 2-digit and the number overlap. So the code reader had to ask specifically for those of the engine and those of the transmission.* Let me know what codes you get for each and we'll go from there. Ask the person who does the reading to tell you numbers, and what he thinks they mean and we'll compare that to the manual.
*The engine codes only can also be accessed using the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then count the flashes of the check engine light and put them in pairs to form those fault code numbers. But the trans codes numbers are only available with a plug-in code reader.
Please read the PS (below) and respond to it.
Thanks,
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston