Chrysler Repair/'00 Breeze: no start

My 2000 Plymouth breeze will turn over but not crank. We replaced the battery which now is dead replaced the coil wires and plugs still nothing. When I jump it off it will turn over but not fire. I cant get it anywhere to hook it up and do a diagnostic test on it. What could be the problem

Hi Tonya,
Try using the ignition key to extract a fault code number from the engine controller memory which may give us a clue as to what is wrong. If the battery is working to illuminate the gauges it should work: turn the key "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window of the speedometer to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Let me know what you find and we'll go from there to solve this. Tell me which size (L) engine you have.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).