Chrysler Repair/'00 Breeze: no start

Question
My 2000 Plymouth breeze will turn over but not crank. We replaced the battery which now is dead replaced the coil wires and plugs still nothing. When I jump it off it will turn over but not fire. I cant get it anywhere to hook it up and do a diagnostic test on it. What could be the problem

Answer
Hi Tonya,
Try using the ignition key to extract a fault code number from the engine controller memory which may give us a clue as to what is wrong. If the battery is working to illuminate the gauges it should work: turn the key "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window of the speedometer to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Let me know what you find and we'll go from there to solve this. Tell me which size (L) engine you have.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston