Chrysler Repair/'00 Chrysler LHS: ATC code 24

Hi Roland,
I have the same problem as Michael with the heater. I followed your suggestions to him and got the code '24 '.
I looked for the Panel Button that you mentioned to see if there were any more codes but couldn't find one labeled  'Panel '.
How would I find out what that code,  24  ,  means?
Thank you so much for your help and Happy New Year to you and your wonderful staff.

Hi John
That code means "mode door actuator feedback failure". The repair manual has a long list of possible causes which are then evaluated step-by-step and possibly corrected that are shown on 7 pages of the "body" manual in '04  which I have on a CD and can copy and send to you along with the wiring diagram. You could then check out situation with a volt-ohm meter after removing the control panel, and also gaining access to the mode door actuator under the dash. The Panel button is the one showing a single arrow pointing at the head of figure (4th button/upper).
If you want the pages by email tell me your email address but don't us the @ symbol, instead use "at" or the address will be automatically erased.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).