Chrysler Repair/'05 3.8L T & C: replace main bearings

I'm wondering if you have to pull the engine to replace the main bearings and other bearings, or can you do it all from the oil pan. I've been told many different things. And beings you have so much experience with Chrysler's, I do believed your the right person to ask. Thank you for your time.

Hi Robert,
The '05 manual says that you can remove the oil pan and then go through the procedure to replace the main bearings. What other bearings did you have in mind? I can copy the pages from a CD and attach them to an email which I would send to you directly so you can get an idea of the steps involved.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).