Chrysler Repair/2005 Chrysler T&C Touring: power seat stuck

Question
Roland, drivers seat will only move 1" forward or back. All other adjustments work fine. Something jamming rail or limit switch malfunction? When accelerating onto highway in passing gear, van accelerates until 50 MPH, then goes no faster, RPM's continue to rise but speed does not. I have to release gas pedal for transmission to shift. Is this normal? What could the problem be?

Answer
Hi David,
On the seat, you will probably want to remove it so as to be able to locate the cause of the binding up. I doubt it is a limit switch.  I have the '05 manual on a CD which I could copy the pages from and attach to an email that I would send to you directly. If you want those, tell me your email address, but don't use the @ symbol, instead us "at" or it will be erased automatically.
On the shifting, I wonder whether it is slipping, or whether it feels to be slipping so look carefully at the tach and speedo when you are going over 50. It may actually be slippage in the torque converter which may be typical and what you then notice is the torque converter 'locking up" when you release the pedal. You could check for transmission fault codes by means of a plug-in code reader to see whether the trans control module has recognized there to be a problem. You can often get a readout at a nationwide auto parts store such as Autozone or an independent shop may charge about $40 to do the readout. Ask for the 4-digit fault code numbers and let me know what they are and we'll see if any are related to the transmission and if so what they mean.

Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston