Chrysler Repair/2005 chrysler town and country 3.8L engine

I need an engine for a 2005 chrysler town and country touring, and was wondering what other engines will interchange with that particular engine?

Hi Starr,
The 3.3L emgine is basically identical and so should interchange mechanically quite well.
The powertrain control module's injector timing amounts would likely by programmed differently to take account of the smaller displacement so that should be considered as part of such an interchange though all the wiring will work nonetheless. While the 2.4L was also available in '05 it was used with a different transmission so that would not be a good interchange.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).