Chrysler Repair/2007 sebring transmission type

Hi ,
i have  2007 sebring 4 dr. with a 2.4 world engine and automatic transmission, it has about 126k miles. i want to change the trans fluid and filter. The problem is i am not sure how to tell which model transmission i have so i can order the correct trans filter. It there a way to tell from outside the transmission? Is there some code to look for somewhere?
tom bochenek

Hi Tom,
Look at the body code plate. On the very bottom line the first three digits are a code for the transmission, but I will have to do some research to see what it stands for. I know it is either a 40te or a 41te. Let me know what you find.
PS: The 41te has the code DGL, but I can't find the code for the 40te. Thanks for the rating and nomination.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).