Chrysler Repair/2010 Town & Country:lift gate no power

Hi Roland,
The lift gate can't be opened or closed from the buttons inside or the key remote. It opens and closes fine manually.
The other doors work fine through the remote and interior buttons.
I know you've answered similar questions previously (from Denise I think). Fuses all look good.

Hi Bob,
There is a temp sensor in the light bar outside on the lift gate surface that defeats the power option if the temp is supposedly below -12F so that could be inaccurate.
There are "inhibitors" that for safety reasons prevent the operation. Those are best identified by means of the diagnostic readout box capable of questioning the module for the lift gate. The same tool can be used to check the input-output status of the system. The scan tool also will tell you of any fault codes that the module has detected. The power unit or latch may be defective as well which should show up on the scan tool feedback.
The fuses for it are J3, J11, and M27. For reference the circuit is shown on figure 179 of the 2009 wiring diagrams that I have on a CD. So carefully verify that all three fuses are good.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).