Chrysler Repair/2010 Town & Country:lift gate no power

Question
Hi Roland,
The lift gate can't be opened or closed from the buttons inside or the key remote. It opens and closes fine manually.
The other doors work fine through the remote and interior buttons.
I know you've answered similar questions previously (from Denise I think). Fuses all look good.
Thanks,
Bob

Answer
Hi Bob,
There is a temp sensor in the light bar outside on the lift gate surface that defeats the power option if the temp is supposedly below -12F so that could be inaccurate.
There are "inhibitors" that for safety reasons prevent the operation. Those are best identified by means of the diagnostic readout box capable of questioning the module for the lift gate. The same tool can be used to check the input-output status of the system. The scan tool also will tell you of any fault codes that the module has detected. The power unit or latch may be defective as well which should show up on the scan tool feedback.
The fuses for it are J3, J11, and M27. For reference the circuit is shown on figure 179 of the 2009 wiring diagrams that I have on a CD. So carefully verify that all three fuses are good.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston