Chrysler Repair/Engine Temperature gauge

"My engine temperature gauge is maxing out and the car isn't hot. I changed the engine temperature sending unit but the gauge is flucating now. I can't find a coolant bleed valve on this 2004 Chrysler Sebring Coupe, can you tell me where the bleed valve is located and if that is the problem or suggest something else?"

Hi Ronnie,
What is the range of the movement of the temperature gauge now? It is normal to have it vary, but so long as it is between 1/4 and 3/4 that is normal.
I don't believe there is a bleed valve for coolant, only the radiator drain valve.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).