Chrysler Repair/TCC code po743

Question
drive train light is on on my 2000 Dodge caravan 3.3 engine, as well as several codes for the brake system. Car is not having any transmission issues ,yet shop says the transmission will need replaced& that is what is causing the brake light to be on as well . Have been reading about the clutch solenoid ,can I replace that to clear up the issue . Also read that its faulty circuit from factory. What would you recommend to do? thanks

Answer
Hi Cheryl,
That code by itself would not be the basis for removal/replacement. It may be a simple electrical problem. In any case, the purpose of that clutch is too improve the fuel economy when operating at speed above 45 mph so that would be the only reason to do any work on the transmission other than checking out the electrical connection to it. It is not necessary to repair this for the transmission to continue to serve.
I don't see any basis of it being involved with the brake system. I would simply ask for the list of codes in writing, then let me know what they are. Don't authorize that shop to do any work.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston