Chrysler Repair/2007 jeep compass 4cyl

Won't start, seems to have power, wipers working without being turned on.Cd player making noise (clicking) without being on?
What do you think problem may be?

Hi Yolanda,
My nearest manuals are for '06 Liberty/Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and Wrangler. Is the Compass similar to any of those models?
By won't start do you mean no starter motor action, or that the starter motor works but the engine won't 'catch' and run? If no starter motor action, then it sounds to me like your battery is weak or discharged and either should be charged or replaced because when the voltage on the systems is very low they sometimes can react the way you describe.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).