Chrysler Repair/2008 Town and Country - Liftgate won't open

2008 Town and Country Touring - rear liftgate will not open, either electronically (inside button above dash or via key fob) or manually. Any advice for DIY or do I need to take in for service?

Hi Dennis,
I have the '06 Chrysler manual and the '08 Mitchell manual. So far I have checked the Chrysler manual and find that other than looking at various parts for mechanical binding, the other thing to consider is whether the latch, which is likely electrically powered, has been disabled due to a blown fuse. The fuse for the liftgate is #32 (40 amp) so begin by checking that. Let me know if that appears to not be blown and then I can search through the Mitchell manual (which is less transparent as far as wiring goes) and also list the mechanical possibilities from both manuals that you might look into.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).