Chrysler Repair/2008 Town and Country - Liftgate won't open

Question
2008 Town and Country Touring - rear liftgate will not open, either electronically (inside button above dash or via key fob) or manually. Any advice for DIY or do I need to take in for service?

Answer
Hi Dennis,
I have the '06 Chrysler manual and the '08 Mitchell manual. So far I have checked the Chrysler manual and find that other than looking at various parts for mechanical binding, the other thing to consider is whether the latch, which is likely electrically powered, has been disabled due to a blown fuse. The fuse for the liftgate is #32 (40 amp) so begin by checking that. Let me know if that appears to not be blown and then I can search through the Mitchell manual (which is less transparent as far as wiring goes) and also list the mechanical possibilities from both manuals that you might look into.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston