Chrysler Repair/99' Sebring: MPH surge, blinking cabin lights

My 99' Sebring Conv. 6 cylinder acts up driving approx. 55-60mph, the needle jumps and car jerks or surges like it's trying to accelerate then acts normal.It will drop the mph needle to 0 then back up in seconds.also all of my interior lights blink for 5 min.from when I open the door, they don't turn off when I begin to drive,this is annoying and hazardous,

Hi Jane,
On the surging problem the best thing is to see if the engine controller has detected a cause of that and stored a 4-digit fault code in its memory. Turn the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by P. Let me know what you find.
On the interior lights, that is because a door, probably the driver-side door, is not latched tightly against the door opening. there is a latch striker rod in the door frame which meshes with the door latch and that has 2 screws which when loosened allow you to move the striker "in-board", so do that a fraction of an inch and then re-tighten the screws. See if that stops the blinking and if not move it further in-board.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).