Chrysler Repair/fast idle: '97 Concorde 3.5L

Question
Hi Roland,
With your help the 97 concorde 3.5 is running again.However it idles
at 1500rpms.While the wiring harness was out and being checked for opens
and shorts I noticed that the wires to the idle-air motor were all
cracked and even some bared.So one at a time I cut and spliced each
wire up to the plug.I found the correct color wire for each repair but
only in 14guage.So each of the 4 wires to that plug now has a 4" piece
soldered and shrinkwrapped up to the plug.would the resistance value of
these splices change the idle-air adjustment?Thanks again for your fast
and helpful assistance.

Answer
Hi John,
Check the resistance of the wires at the gray pcm plug: between 57 and 58 should show roughly the same ohms as what you measure between pins 48 and 49, and verify that there is infinite resistance between 57 and 48. If that proves out, then remove the idle air control motor and clean it and also the idle air passageway, the throat of the throttle body and both sides of the butterfly plate of the body. That should help solve this.
Thanks for the previous ratings and nominations, and feel free to do both again.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston