Chrysler Repair/fast idle: '97 Concorde 3.5L

Hi Roland,
With your help the 97 concorde 3.5 is running again.However it idles
at 1500rpms.While the wiring harness was out and being checked for opens
and shorts I noticed that the wires to the idle-air motor were all
cracked and even some bared.So one at a time I cut and spliced each
wire up to the plug.I found the correct color wire for each repair but
only in 14guage.So each of the 4 wires to that plug now has a 4" piece
soldered and shrinkwrapped up to the plug.would the resistance value of
these splices change the idle-air adjustment?Thanks again for your fast
and helpful assistance.

Hi John,
Check the resistance of the wires at the gray pcm plug: between 57 and 58 should show roughly the same ohms as what you measure between pins 48 and 49, and verify that there is infinite resistance between 57 and 48. If that proves out, then remove the idle air control motor and clean it and also the idle air passageway, the throat of the throttle body and both sides of the butterfly plate of the body. That should help solve this.
Thanks for the previous ratings and nominations, and feel free to do both again.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).