Chrysler Repair/Occupent Classification ,06 T&C van

I have a 06 T&C with the air bag lite on, Problem was with the passenger seat, codes said bladder shorted to ground, mismatch id, stuff like that, I put in a used seat with a different brain box in it, now I get Occupent Classification undetermined, and Vehicle ID Number missing mismatch. Do I need the dealer to reset? Or can I do it with a scan tool.

Hi Scott,
I have reviewed the body manual for '06 and it appears that a dealer who would have the Chrysler Diagnostic Readout Box III and the body manual and the experience with the Occupant Classification System replacements related to the passenger seat will have to this reset. It is unlikely that a scan tool not equivalent to the DRB III can do this, and without the manual and experience a do-it-yourself person is unlikely to succeed with this task.
Sorry to conclude this way, but it is my best effort to give you some direction.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).