Chrysler Repair/Occupent Classification ,06 T&C van

Question
I have a 06 T&C with the air bag lite on, Problem was with the passenger seat, codes said bladder shorted to ground, mismatch id, stuff like that, I put in a used seat with a different brain box in it, now I get Occupent Classification undetermined, and Vehicle ID Number missing mismatch. Do I need the dealer to reset? Or can I do it with a scan tool.

Answer
Hi Scott,
I have reviewed the body manual for '06 and it appears that a dealer who would have the Chrysler Diagnostic Readout Box III and the body manual and the experience with the Occupant Classification System replacements related to the passenger seat will have to this reset. It is unlikely that a scan tool not equivalent to the DRB III can do this, and without the manual and experience a do-it-yourself person is unlikely to succeed with this task.
Sorry to conclude this way, but it is my best effort to give you some direction.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston