Chrysler Repair/'00 300: wont start

My. 2000 chrysler300m startedfor 45 seconds then died now wont start or fire at all and it is throwing out the codes 1289 1684 0300 and 0304 what could be the reason for this

Hi Stephanie,
Sorry for the delay in answering but I just found your question in the "pool" to which Kevin had referred it this morning.
The codes have the following meanings:
The 1684 means that the battery was disconnected sometime in the past 50 engine starts.
The 300 means that there is a mis-firing of several different cylinders, and the 304 mean specifically cylinder #4 is misfiring more noticeably than any other.
The 1289 means that the "manifold tuning valve" circuit is not operating properly. That valve is related to improving the functioning during wide open throttle operation but I don't believe that in itself would cause a no start, if it were open when it should be closed. Its plug is black and the two wire are colored dark green/light green and violet/red. So look for that plug and the valve itself just to be sure it is not damaged.
The causes of misfiring are numerous: a fuel system problem such as an intake manifold leak, a problem with the spark system, a problem with the cam or crank position sensor, etc. But no codes point to those being the specific cause of the no start.
So about the only thing specific to look at would be the manifold tuning valve which is found on the front of the engine, to the right of the midline (engine right side), on the front of the intake manifold, next to the camshaft position sensor and engine temp sensor plugs. Notice if there is any damage to the wiring in that area.
Let me know what is the situation, check for codes again after trying to start it, and let me know what has been done if anything since you asked your question.
I wish I could be more specific but so far I don't see an obvious reason for the no start.
Could you possibly be low on gasoline? Do you hear the fuel pump run for about one second when you first turn the key to the "run" position?

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).