Chrysler Repair/'93 Voyager: won't go into Park

Question
Hi!
If engine is getting warm-hot(normal) then my automatic gearbox loses the parking P gear ? This happend after i changed oil (atf+4) is  it possible there is too much oil and when it gets warm it takes more volume in gearbox or could it be something else ?
I alsoo changed gear sifting gable could there be the problem...but in the same time... it always loses the ability to go to park when its driven warm. Now  when i tuck some oil away from automatic gearbox 250 ml
and i force the level harder to P parking position it stays sometimes to parking even when engine is warm  but not always. Im not sure is the problem sifting cable or oil related.
Can You please help ?

Answer
Hi Handrias,
There are two automatic transmissions: a 3-speed and a 4-speed. There is a metal plate on the panel that goes across the top of the radiator which has information codes listed. The bottom line's first three letters are either DGM/DGC for the 3-speed or DGL for the 4-speed.
I assume you have the DGL, otherwise let me know.
I notice in the section about changing the gear shift cable that is says when you disconnect the cable from the shift levers that the plastic grommets which retain the cables should be replaced with new grommets. Did you do that? If not,
use a prying tool to force rod from grommet in the lever, then cut away the old grommet. Use a pliers to snap the new grommet into the shift levers, and then put rod through the grommet.
Does the starter work only in P or N position of the shifter? If not, then you would want to adjust the connection of the cable:
Put the shifter in P
Loosen clamp bolt on gearshift cable bracket
If your shifter is on the steering column insure that the preload adjusting spring engages fork on transaxle bracket
Pull the shift lever on the transmission to the front detent position (Park). Then tighten clamp bolt to 100 foot-pounds (11 N-m).
Now see if it will go into Park reliably.
I don't believe this has anything to do with the level of fluid in the trans. There is dipstick on the side of the transmission so check that it is proper.
Thank you for giving me a nomination for "volunteer of the month".
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston