Chrysler Repair/Door locks themselves over and over and Intermittand Wipers at the same time.

Question
I read an old post addressed to you.  Was the door locking themselves over and over every 30 seconds and the intermittent wiper issue resolved?  What was the fix?  I have the same problem with my 1999 Grand Caravan SE, no keyless entry or theft, 3.3. rear air.  

Here is the URL where the question was asked:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Chrysler-Repair-807/2011/9/98-minivan-power-door.htm

Many thanks!

Answer
Hi Albert,
I don't recall hearing back from that questioner as to the result of a fault code readout of the body control module.
It is clear that both the door locking and the wipers are controlled via the body control module. That module is on the back side of the fuse box which is under the dash and has two multi-pin plugs (40 pins each). My thought, other than trying for a fault code readout as I described, would be that water may have dripped down from the windshield and gotten on the plugs which has caused some short-circuiting between the pins for the lock and the wipers.
You could try removing the plugs and then spraying them and their sockets with electrical contact cleaner from a spray can which should evaporate any such water. I don't see any other wiring connections between those circuits other than via the bcm.
To access the bcm remove the lower steering column cover and knee blocker reinforcement. You will then see the two plugs on the bottom of the bcm.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston