Chrysler Repair/Door locks themselves over and over and Intermittand Wipers at the same time.

I read an old post addressed to you.  Was the door locking themselves over and over every 30 seconds and the intermittent wiper issue resolved?  What was the fix?  I have the same problem with my 1999 Grand Caravan SE, no keyless entry or theft, 3.3. rear air.  

Here is the URL where the question was asked:

Many thanks!

Hi Albert,
I don't recall hearing back from that questioner as to the result of a fault code readout of the body control module.
It is clear that both the door locking and the wipers are controlled via the body control module. That module is on the back side of the fuse box which is under the dash and has two multi-pin plugs (40 pins each). My thought, other than trying for a fault code readout as I described, would be that water may have dripped down from the windshield and gotten on the plugs which has caused some short-circuiting between the pins for the lock and the wipers.
You could try removing the plugs and then spraying them and their sockets with electrical contact cleaner from a spray can which should evaporate any such water. I don't see any other wiring connections between those circuits other than via the bcm.
To access the bcm remove the lower steering column cover and knee blocker reinforcement. You will then see the two plugs on the bottom of the bcm.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).