Chrysler Repair/drivers side power window rolled down

Question
QUESTION: Power window rolled down bi itselfand now it won't go back up. This is a 1998 chrysler sebring jxi convertible. Its only the drivers side,all other windows are fine. Please help.

ANSWER: Hi Angela,
The three components that are involved in the window operation are the window motor, the driver window relay, and the master switch mounted on the driver door proper. The switch is the easiest to remove and then test for the functioning of the driver window switch, while the other two are inside the door and require that the door panel be removed to access them.
So do you have access to an ohm-meter or continuity tester? If so I can tell you how to remove the master switch and then check whether the internal contacts of it for the driver window up/down connections are good or bad. Let me know and I'll describe.
Roland

QUESTION: Im fairly sure the switch is bad as all the other windows go up. I have taken off the door panel.Unfortunately I do not have access to a volt meter or anything like that.I am trying to get the window to go up until I can get a new switch. They are quite expensive. Thanks so much for your reply!

ANSWER: Hi Angela,
If you remove the blue plug from the window switch, then what you need to do is use 2 jumper wires as follows to get the driver window to go up:
jump a wire from pin 1 to pin 7 of the plug and
jump a wire from pin 8 to pin 10 of the plug. As soon as you complete the second jump the window should start going up.
To make it go down jump 1 to 8 and jump 7 to 10.
You could try spraying some electrical contact cleaner inside the switch around the driver window control knob as it could just be dirty/corroded.
Thanks for the rating and nomination which you are welcome to do both again.
Roland

QUESTION: Thanks so much for all your help. What would jump wires be?I don't have a clue.

Answer
By jump wire I simply mean a short piece of electrical wire (ideally with an insulated covering for safety) that has each end exposed and you then insert the exposed ends into the pin sockets that I listed. Each wire is simply making a temporary connection between those pins. It 'jumps' the gap, as it were.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston