Chrysler Repair/transmissions

Thank you for your time.I have a 1999 Chrysler 300m that needs a  transmission.I would like to know what other makes have the same transmission? Can I put one in from '99 lhs,or dodge stratus? The Chrysler has a 3.5l in it.Thank you again for your time.

Hi Kenneth,
Any of that same body style (called the LH) will have the same transmission which is called a 42LE. So an LHS, Intrepid, Concorde, or 300m (or the Eagle Vision before it was dropped) will have the same trans. You might check a dealer parts counter none the less to be sure whether the donor has to come from a 3.5L engine, or whether those used with the 3.2 and 2.7 are also identical. The gearing might be different for a smaller engine. The trans was used from '94 to '04 but again I would check the specific donor car at a parts counter just to be certain.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).