Chrysler Repair/Heater not blowing hot air

There is no hot air coming from vents. The car was inoperable because the tranny went out 3 years ago, but car was garaged most of the time.

Hi Matherine,
What is the year/make/model/body style of the car?
It is likely either that the engine coolant is not going through the heater core (touch the two hoses going through the firewall to the cabin and determine if both hoses feel warm to the touch, or one is cold compared to the other which suggests no coolant flowing) or that the 'temp' door inside the heater/ac box is not in the proper position and is not sending air across the heater core. But tell me about what is the vehicle.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).