Chrysler Repair/P0301 code

Hi Roland,  I've been having an ongoing problem with my 2005 Sebring Conv. It has the 2.7 V-6.  I have installed new plugs and replaced the coil on #1 cylinder and am still getting the check engine light.  I have added fuel injection cleaner and at times the light will go out on its own.  Do you have any suggestions.  Thanks Jerry

Hi Jerry,
The injector could be somewhat clogged or also could be malfunctioning. Also there could be a mechanical malfunction of that cylinder which you could check with a compression tester and compare the reading with any other cylinder which should be similar +/- 25%. So whichever is easier for you (replacing injector/checking compression) try those. You might try a very short burst of  starter fluid on the seams of the intake manifold at the #1 location and with the engine running to see if the rpm noticeably changes which would suggest an intake manifold leak. Presumably there is no issue with the spark now that the plug/coil is new, and no code for that has been observed. So it would be either mixture/compression as the suspected cause.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).