Chrysler Repair/'00 Cirrus: radio/turn signals/wipers quit

Question
00 cirrus LXI 2.5v-6 The radio turns off and the turn signals stop working and the wipers stop working all at the same time. This will happen on and off on a daily basis. Any clues? Thank you,
Doug

Answer
Hi Doug,
There are 6 sections in the ignition switch, and one of them only powers fuses 14 and 15 in the dash, the former is for the radio, the latter is for the turn signals and wipers. I believe that section of the switch is not making good contact in the run position. You will probably find no power on those two fuses when the problem is present. You could remove the steering coulumn covers (screws on the underside) and try spraying some electrical contact cleaner inside the switch through any openings or cracks. The wire from the switch to the fuses is black/white and is located on pin 8 of the switch so focus the spraying in that area of it. You could check the continuity of the black/white wire from the switch to the fuses with an ohmmeter. If that doesn't fix the problem then replacing the ignition switch should do it.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston