Chrysler Repair/'02 Sebring: no start

QUESTION: The old battery got replaced 4 days ago.the new battery is only 5days old

ANSWER: If it worked for 3 or 4 days but now is not working as you described it, then you need to check the condition of the battery with either a voltmeter (or see if the driving lights are dimmer than normal) to see if it has gone bad. And then try a jump start as you did earlier successfully when you had the old battery.

QUESTION: If the alternator is bad would i still have this problem

If the alternator were bad, there would have been a below voltage red warning light "on". So until you get the engine started there is no way to tell if the alternator is the problem for certain if you don't recall seeing that warning light. If the battery is low now then that could be the cause, or it could have been you left on the lights or that there is a short circuit that discharged the battery.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).