Chrysler Repair/'04 Cherokee: No power to wipers, radio or windows

Yesterday I picked up a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It had been sitting for awhile with only 64K on odometer. It started and had power to all functions. While driving home I stopped for gas after I noticed that the radio was out. No Big! Then this morning when it started to snow I found the wipers did not work and the windows did not move. I have changed "good" fuses out. Tried new relays.
What else could it be?

Hi Rich,
The '06 manual, the closest I have for your vehicle, show a 30 amp fuse, fuse #3, in the power distribution box in the engine compartment to power parts of both the wipers and the windows so if that one went out that would explain the common loss of those two systems.
I don't see it involved with the radio so that may be a separate issue. Let me know.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).