Chrysler Repair/'07 3.3L: runs too cool

Question
2007 Chrysler Town&Country lx 3.3. Having trouble with it not always getting up to operating temp. Especially on very cold days, where the temp will barely go above cold line, after driving for 20 miles. I have replaced tstat twice, replaced ect sensor, flushed radiator and bled system. could it be IAC? also fans stopped working

Answer
Hi Anthony,
From what you describe it may be the case that the thermostat is not properly seated between the block and the connector which holds it in place and that coolant is thus by-passing the thermostat at all times which leads to overcooling. The fans will not come on until the cooling system reaches around 200F which according to your gauge it is not doing. The connector is the metal piece with two bolt holes to which the radiator hose is attached and into which you put the thermostat before then bolting it to the block. When the engine is first manufactured the initial thermostat is 'staked' to the connector at three places around its edge (roughly 120 degrees from one another). When the initial thermostat is removed the Chrysler service manual suggests that the bulged metal involved in the staking process in the wall of the connector be removed so that the replacement thermostat can seat properly. So if that wasn't done in the past then I would suggest that you remove the connector and thermostat again and see if those bulges might still be there and are causing the thermostat not to be properly seated and thus allow coolant to leak around the thermostat before it even begins to open due to the temp of the coolant reaching 200F.
I am not sure what you mean by IAC, can you spell that out?
Sorry for the delay in answering your question but I just found it in the "pool" to which Kevin had referred it.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston