Chrysler Repair/crankshaft position sensor: 2.4L '07

Question
2007 chrysler sebring 2.4 crankshaft position sensor location..been looking for this and seeing pictures on the net butstill cant seem to find it. cant see anything from underneath the car. any help would be good

Answer
Hi Frank,
That sensor is located at the rear of the engine but on the side of it, hidden by the starter motor. It senses the transmission flex plate. To access you remove air cleaner on the top of the engine. Then remove the starter motor.
For the air box:
remove the air intake temp sensor plug
remove the air make up hose from the throttle body
loosen clamp on air inlet hose at throttle body, remove hose
remove push-pin holding air duct to upper radiator support
remove nut holding bracket on air cleaner housing
remove housing by pulling straight up off locating pins.
for the starter:
remove connectors
remove upper bolt
remove lower bolt and ground wire
remove starter motor to see the crankshaft sensor

Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston