Chrysler Repair/'05 3.8L no spark on cyl 3 and 6

Question
I have a 2005 Chrysler town and country. 3.8l
it rough idled and died on me. Upon inspection it blew a fuse and the coil pack had a crack and was leaking. I replaced the fuse and checked the coil pack and there was no spark on cylinder 3 & 6. I replace the coil pack twice thinking the first one was bad. Still have no spaexperience  those two cylinders. i have mechanicaly experience but I am stumped. Please help.

Answer
Hi Jacob,
Check the resistance between pin 2 of the coil pack and pins 1, 3, and 4 which are primary windings to be sure that those read the same at a bit under 1 ohm. Then check that the connection between pin 1 of the coil plug and pin 7 of the orange color plug at the powertrain control module (brown/orange color wire) is patent and also verify that it is not shorted to ground. That is the wire that connects from the pcm to the spark coil to "drive" plugs 3 and 6.
I assume that the fuse that blew is # 16.
If that all checks out then do a fault code readout (turn the ignition: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time). Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P.
Let me know what you learn

Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston