Chrysler Repair/'07 2.4L: P0301, 0315, 0335, 0700, U0402

Question
check engine light comes on and sometimes goes into limp mode.   It is pretty consistent after the car has been started and run to temp. then sits for about 15 mins. or so. after restarting and driving for about a mile or idling for several minutes, engine light comes on and hesitates then goes into limp mode.  if I start it up cold, I can drive for hours and not have a problem and if I shut it off for just a few minutes like to fill up with gas I don't have a problem.  seems to be if I start it  in that transition period between the engine being cold and at temp. I have read codes and usually get p0301  p0315  p0335  u0402 and p0700. I have replaced the crank position sensor and the ignition coil for cylinder #1. any thoughts on what it might be?  thanks

Answer
Hi Dennis,
The limp-in mode is related to the automatic transmission which has the code 0700 and U0402. The 700 is a general alert that another trans code has been detected. The 0402 is the only such code in your list and it reports "implausible data being received from the transmission control module. The code is discussed in the context with the anti-lock brake module which is involved somewhat with the transmission and the overall guidance is to check that module's pins, terminals, connectors for corrosion, damage, or terminal "push out". There is the possibility of some sort of error in the digital messages of the front control module but I don't see a code for that.
The 0301 might be due to a faulty fuel injector or injector control circuit so you might to well to check the spark plug and see if it appears to be wet. Also check the compression on that cylinder while you have the spark plug removed.
The 0315 and 0335 are still speaking about the crank sensor signal. You would do well to verify the wires from the sensor to the PCM are not open, shorted to ground or shorted to a voltage short (other than the one wire which is a 5V supply for the operation of that sensor).
Those would be the first things to consider.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston