Chrysler Repair/1998 town and country etax code 0750

Hello Roland,
I have a town and country that has a P700 and P750 code the vehicle stays in 2nd gear. I have test pin #4 to pin #7 on the solenoid pack and have a resistance of .035 I read some where that this reading has to have .5 to 9 ohms of resistance. From reading on the web this seems to be a problem with Chrysler you have gave me excellent help before and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction before I pull the valve body down and replace the coil pack.

Hi Gary,
I would suggest that you measure from pin #4 to pin 8, 5, and 6 which are the other solenoids to verify whether the low/reverse solenoid is noticeably different from them. You are looking at some very low resistances so it could be erroneous to conclude the solenoid is bad. There are other tests to do for the 0750 which I can share with you by an email if necessary. Let me know what you find.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).