Chrysler Repair/2000 chrysler cirrus fan switch problem

The fan switch on my 2000 chrysler lxi stopped working completely.  I've seen people saying theirs only works on high but mines not working at all. I checked the fuse and also made sure that it didnt come unplugged in the back. I was installing a cd player when it happened.  It had worked before I was installing the stereo but since then I can't get it to work.

You are describing the blower motor in the cabin I assume. The blower is powered by fuse 1 under the dash and dark green wire at the blower motor resistor block should show 12v when the key is in the run position. You could try jumping 12v and a ground wire to the motor plug itself to test that motor. Otherwise, the pin 8 of the natural color plug of the heater control module should show a short to ground, and verify that between the socket for pin 2 of the black plug at the module and the socket for pin 8 of the natural plug there is a short when the switch is in high. Let me know if any of those tests fail.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).