Chrysler Repair/2000 town&country runs rough

Question
i have a 2000 chrysler town&country 3.8 lxi we ran it through a car was and 30 minutes later it started loseing power running rough and dieing i replaced plugs coils and wires and still no change i have no check engin lights or codes im lost here any idea on what i need to do other then junk it

Answer
Hi Casey,
I would suspect first the egr valve located in the narrow pipe that branches off the right exhaust manifold and heads toward the throttle body. That can get gummed up and not close tightly which leans out the mixture at idle and when accelerating. Once you find it notice that there is a round top with a vacuum hose, the body of the valve connected to the narrow pipe, and between them is the flange which conceals the valve stem. The stem has a slot into which you can insert the tip of a screwdriver to move the valve stem back and forth. Check to notice whether the internal spring-action closes it to a dead stop. Try spraying some WD-40 or other solvent on the stem where it enters the valve body and 'exercise" the stem some more.
Then see if that cures you no code problem. I assume that you are getting some indication that the code readout is working; my suggestion is based on a true "no code" situation.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston