Chrysler Repair/2002 Town & Country water pump

I have a knocking sound at start up and during acceleration. I was told it was possibly the water pump so I changed that and it was quiet for a day but the noise returned. It gets louder the longer I drive it. Im trying to eliminate all possibilities before tearing into the engine block. PLEASE HELP!!!
Thank you, Mike

If the only thing you changed was the water pump and the noise went away for a day, then I would focus upon the water pump still because the sound did disappear for a day. I can send you a couple of pages about removing and installing the water pump to see if there might have been something that you needed to do to avoid the noise. Is this the V-6 engine?
You would do well to focus your hearing by using a rubber hose as an 'ear trumpet' to listen closely for the location of the noise.
Tell me your email address but don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at", or the address will be automatically erased.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).