Chrysler Repair/'97 Concorde ac belt

Hi i had a p0305 check engine light and replaced spark plugs and wires fuel injector and both belts  then it came back on i then noticed the ac belt was gone had it replaced again the this morning notice ac belt was gone and the check enige light  came back on and is reading same code pulleys seem fine what am i missing

Hi Bryan,
Which size engine do you have (L)? The AC belt installation is different for the different engines so I need to know. Today after the new belt was installed did you turn on the AC or ask for defrost, or did the belt come off even though you didn't run the ac compressor?
It is possible that the AC compressor bearing is bad, but that would only cause the belt to come off if you asked for AC cooling or defrost. If that were not the case, then you should take use a straight edge across the compressor pulley to see it is in the plane of rotation as the crankshaft pulley and the tensioner pulley. It may be that the compressor is not properly mounted on the engine so that its pulley is not in the same plane as the other two pulleys and that will cause the belt to come off. Also, the tensioner for the belt may not have been adjusted properly and so I need to know which engine you have (L).
On the 0305 code, did you happen to check the compression of the cylinder no. 5? It may be that the compression is lower than on the other 5 cylinders and that is the cause of the miss.
Otherwise it may be the spark coil for that cylinder if you replaced its injector.
Did a shop do all these replacements, or did you?

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).