Chrysler Repair/'97 LH: hard to start after not in use

Hi I have a 97 Chrysler lhs, it was down for about a year  so I finaly decide to get the car fix I recently got the  oil and gas  and air filter change but now the car takes long to  start my feet has to be on the pedal to the floor. it was a used car when I bought it in 2004.

I love my car please tell me what to do

Hi Charlene,
First see if you have any diagnostic fault codes stored in the engine controller which may shed some light. Use the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light, which remains "on", to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to be sure of an accurate count of the flashes.
If that doesn't happen then following the key "dance" watch to odometer window to see if the mileage reading changes to show a 4-digit number preceded by a P.
In either case let me know what you learn from doing this.
I have another specific part to suggest which may stuck from having sat for a while. So tell me which size engine you have, 3.3 or 3.5L

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).