Chrysler Repair/'97 Sebring JXI: tach, odometer, heat

QUESTION: Hi there, 1997 Sebring jxi - tac odometer and heat work intermittently. Is there a module that controls all these functions?

thanks fred

ANSWER: Hi Fred,
Fuses 7 and 11 in the box at the left hand end of the dash power the instrument cluster functions and lights so see if one of those fuses might have a subtle crack in its wire.
I don't know what you mean by heat works intermittently. Tell me more.
Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the pool to which Kevin had referred it.

QUESTION: Tried your suggestion...did not work...changed all fuses. Odometer does not come on , nor does the tack. dash lites work. heat does not circulate. these problems are intermittent. when they work , they all work at the same time. there is an alarm that was previously installed. i do not use it.

Hi Fred,
I don't see a tie-in between the odo, tac, heat circulation (by that do you mean the blower motor in the cabin?). So when they next go out, is when you should verify what else might not be working as that could give a clue. Try jiggling the ignition switch, the fuse box, etc. to see if something might cause things to work again.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).