Chrysler Repair/'99 300M: dies unexpectedly

Hi Roland...I'm not sure my question was sent this afternoon but I have another question about the 1999 Chrysler 300M...about 3 weeks ago we went to Dairy Queen and I was slowly rolling looking for parking spot.  I had my foot ready to brake and the car shut off...I braked and put it in park to start it up again but it would not start.  Some guys pushed me out of the way and I sat there a minute, tried to start it again and it started.  So again last week I went out to clean the snow and ice off both cars and I started the Chrysler and went to the other car, that's when I noticed the Chrysler had started right up then.  What's going on with this crazy car?...thanks..looking forward to hearing from you...wondering if it has anything to do with the temperature switching from cold to warm and back.  The day we were at Dairy Queen, the sun was out and it was a mild temperature...last week it was very cold.

Gery and Janie

Hi Janie and Gery,
There are a number of possibilities but begin by asking the engine controller whether it noticed any cause and gave it a fault code number which is stored in its memory. Turn the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Let me know and we'll go from there.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).