Chrysler Repair/'99 Cirrus rear light fixture not working

Question
QUESTION: Hello, I am very confused as to what is going on with my right break light. All the other lights on right rear side work except break light.  have replaced the bulb with two different options i have come across on internet (3057 & 3157). The wires are all in very good shape. Some things i have found say it would be a short on circuit but it all is clean as well. Thank you for help.
         Zachary

ANSWER: What is the year/make/model of the vehicle?
Do you have a volt-ohm meter to test the circuit?

QUESTION: The car is a 1999 Chrysler Cirrus and yes I do believe I have a multi-meter.
Now though none of the lights will work after taking out whole light fixture. Plugged in and tested driver rear light fixture on right side of car and they worked indicating the wireing has no issue. Would be gald to rate you answer when recieved. Thank you for the help.

Answer
Hi Zachary,
The fact that the left side unit will operate when used on the right side, and now that the right side unit as a whole will not work at all on the right side, my thought is that there is a wire problem in the right side fixture. Most likely is the ground wire (black) that connects from the bulb sockets to pin 5 of the electrical connector that carries that ground current to the chassis nearby. So use your multi-meter to test the continuity (resistance should be 0 ohms or thereabout) of that ground wire between the sockets and pin 5. The only other possibility is that all three of the wires that come with 12v to the fixture have somehow 'opened' which seems unlikely. In any case, the problem is with the right side fixture itself somewhere between incoming and outgoing pins of the fixture's connector.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston