Chrysler Repair/AC request doesn't activate compressor or fans

Question

I have an 2001 Chrysler Town & Country Limited Van - 3.8 v6 w/ "L" engine code in the vin. My a/c stopped working.  When I turn on A/C the front cooling fans do not automatically turn on.  I checked the fan relay that is mounted on the top of the front bumper and it works.  The cooling fans cycle on and off when at operating temperature.  I'm thinking that the high side pressure transducer is malfunctioning.  Can you tell me how to check the transducer using a multimeter? I also checked to make sure the a/c compressor clutch solenoid is engaging by visually watching the compressor spin when I turn on a/c. Thanks.

Answer
Hi Peter,
The transducer voltage as measured between pins 43 (sensor ground) and 42 (sensor signal voltage) which are the black light blue on pin 1 of the transducer and pin 3 of the transducer is supposed to be between 0.451 and 4.52V if the pressure is 'good'. Below that or above that either pressure is either too low (down to .150v, and below that the transduced itself is bad)
or too high (up to 4.85, and above that the transducer is bad. There should be 5V on the 2 of the transducer which comes from pin 61 of the pcm on a violet/white wire.
U would of course check that the refrigerant level is sufficient because if insufficient the transducer will prevent the compressor clutch AND the fans from activating in response to the AC request.
Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the 'pool' to which it was referred by Kevin.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston