Chrysler Repair/Can't Rev higher than about 2200 rpm and cruise control shuts off

Question
I have a 2005 dodge sx 2. 0 and it has been working great till about 2 months ago. It was riding nice until all of a sudden it boggs right down and I can no longer go past 2200 rmp and during this, if I try to hit the "CRUISE ON/OFF" button, the indicator light does not show up. Sometimes if I shut my car off and then back on again, the problem goes away. But sometime when I shut my car off and start it up again, it has to turn over way too many times before it finally starts and that problem is still there. So it is on and off so I haven't done much about it but now I'm sick and tired of it and I want to know what the problem is. Please help

Answer
Hi Randy,
The best way to get a handle on this is to do a fault code readout of the engine controller. On some vehicle you can get using the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see if the mileage is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. Let me know it that works. If not then go to an independent shop and have them read it out using a plug-in code reader, or check at a nationwide parts store to see if they might do it for free or sell you a code reader for under $60. One way or the other let us get a code(s) to work with.
Is there another name for the "SX"?
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston