Chrysler Repair/Window switch replacement: '07 minivan

Window will go down but it takes many attempts to get it to go up. Power window switch, drivers side, 2007 Chrysler Town & Country. How do I replace it?  Remove door panel or the switch panel?

Hi Steve,
The switch and bezel can be removed without removing the door panel. Use a soft wood stick to pry out the bottom of the bezel and then work around the remainder of the bezel until it is freed. There is a lock tab on the harness plug when opened will allow the removal of the harness from the switch. The pins 11 and 8 of the switch should show continuity when the driver up request is made. You might be able to improve the connection by spraying the inside to switch with electrical contact cleaner if the continuity is flakey.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).