Chrysler Repair/'06 T & C/Caraven stalls after fill up

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan, 3.8L, 156k miles.  Same issue that has been reported many times.  Engine Stalls after fill up.  Also, some fill ups  won't allow me to put more than a sip before the pump cuts off. takes forever to fill up.

Is the only solution to replace the gas tank?  Seems extreme.

I have not seen any definitive solution for this other than replacing the tank because the difficulty seems to be a part which is integral to the tank itself.
But take a look at this Service Bulletin:
which appears to be applicable to your vehicle and which may resolve the problem without replacing the tank.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).