Chrysler Repair/'08 Pacifica: locks, windows, seats after soak

QUESTION: my power window on the driver side stopped working li windows don't work the seats don't work and it also affects the opening the back latch I'm not able to lock the car at all I have to do it manually so I'm trying to find out what part is it that I need to get to replace that or how do I repair it?

ANSWER: Hi Melayne,
In the fuse/power box in the engine compartment (at the left front corner behind the headlamp) take a close look at fuse #3 (30 amp) to see if it might not be blown. It powers many of the functions that are not working. It is near one of the corners inside of that box. Simply buy a replacement fuse and remove the old one and replace it and see if things start working again.
Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the "pool" to which it has been referred by Kevin, the other expert.

The fuse is fine.  My driver door panel got wet and that's when it stop working. Everything on the left side stop working: driver window controls,driver seat controls, back left side window, and car locks on the left side.

Hi Melanye,
After the soaking, chances are that water got on the door 'module' inside and either shorted one of the fuses that powers those items or shorted some connections between the pins of the three plugs at the module that operate the circuits. The fuses that are involved all the circuits that don't work are #3, 46, 47 for all of them so look again at all three in hopes that one of them will be blown. Look for a subtle crack in the internal wire of each fuse or test the fuse with a meter.
The other chance is that the ground wire for the module has gotten loose or corroded so look at the inside of the door opening and the lower front corner where you will find a black wire attached to the frame by a nut. It may be hidden under some carpeting.
If nothing improves that way then you will want to remove the door panel itself to get access to the 'module'. remove the three plugs, buy some electronic circuit board cleaner in a spray can at an electronics store, and then spray the plugs and their sockets. The cleaner will evaporate and take with it any residual water that may be shorting out the signals.
I can tell you the steps to remove the panel if you want to do that.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).