Chrysler Repair/1992 Lebaron removal of Ignition control module

Question
QUESTION: 1992 Lebaron removal of Ignition control module I found out it is under the distributor cap but I can get it out any help

ANSWER: Hi Byrne,
I assume this is the 3L engine.
Have you removed the distributor from the engine? That will make changing anything inside of it easier. Remove the cap, then rotate the engine by hand using the bolt on the crankshaft until the rotor is pointing toward the intake manifold and mark that point on the manifold so you can put the distributor back in with the rotor pointing exactly at that mark. Remove the distributor hold-down nut, then pull out the distributor.
What are you intending to change out inside the distributor? Let me know and I can tell you the steps is you don't have a manual.
Roland

QUESTION: yes it's 3.0l I did take the hold nut off and did mark the rotor but it wasn't facing the intake it was more of a 45degree to it but it would not come up it rotated within the grove on it. I have no spark and have changed the coil. The car was running fine then just died I can hear the fuel pump is engaging so I when to spark and no spark took forever to find the control module never saw one under the distributor before there is just the one bolt is rotating the crankshaft unlock it ?
Thanks
Byrne

ANSWER: Hi Byrne,
I don't understand what you mean. I assume that you didn't remove the rotor, nor the distributor yet. Correct?
I would start then by turning the ignition switch "On-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light, which remains "on" to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to be sure of an accurate set of flash counts. Then tell me them. Don't remove anything until we get the counts.
The ignition control module is not a term I am familiar with. Inside the distributor are two rotational sensor discs that pulse and tell the powertrain control module located near the fender about the operation of the engine, rotation-wise.
Roland

QUESTION: It went off then blinked 3 times stopped then 4times short stop then went to 13 times total and stopped

Answer
Hi Byrne,
The 34 code (3 flashes/pause/4 flashes) is saying there is a wiring problem related to the cruise control system.
The 13 subsequent flashes without a pause are too many. Look again. May be there are 2 flashes, pause, 1 flash, pause, and then 5 flashes, pause, 5 flashes, which total to 13 flashes. Let me know if that is what you see. If that is the case that means the heated oxygen sensor on the exhaust manifold is not working.
Tell me more about what the history of this situation is.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston