Chrysler Repair/1996 Chrysler Cirrus: Humming noise

I have a 1996 Chrysler Cirrus 93267 miles  that is making loud humming noise when I drive it the check engine light is not on and the car is running fine other than the noise . Any advise on this  matter would be greatly appreciated .

Hi Cynthia,
Does it hum when you are standing still in neutral or park and rev the engine, or just when you are in motion? Sounds are not easy to diagnose without being there. But lets give it a try.
Where does it sound to be coming from? Does it change when you are turning as compared to going straight?

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).