Chrysler Repair/#8 fuse blowing

Car is a 2004 Chrysler Sebring touring edition sedan 2.7l DOHC.  #8 fuse is blowing upon crank to start. #8 fuse does not blow if you pull out the tail light fuse, start car and then reinsert the tail light fuse. Can you explain why #8 fuse blows except when tail light fuse is removed? Already did normal checking i.e. removing relays, switching them around, has temporarily helped, then the fuse blows again. What could be causing the shorting of #8 fuse on start up only?

Hi R.,
I need some clarification as to where and which fuses you are describing:
The #8 fuse: is it in the engine compartment or at the box located at the end of the dash?
The 'tail light fuse' you describe is what # and where is it located?
I don't see an obvious relationship, but tell me the fuse details, please.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).