Chrysler Repair/94 chysler lhs: no start, no PRNDL lights

My car wont start unless the PRNDL lights come on and stay on. I've replaced the instrument cluster, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor and coil pack. The lights may come on and quickly go out and it wont start just cranks, then if the lights come on and stay on it starts right away.
Could it be the body control module or any ideas?

Hi Terry,
The information needed to operate the PRNDL is digital and comes to the cluster from the powertrain control module. Exactly why that data is missing is what we need to learn as it is also needed to operate the engine.
One way to start on diagnosis is to turn the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light, which remains "on", to see it begin to flash, pause. flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to be sure of having an accurate set of flash counts. Tell me the counts in order of appearance and we'll go from there.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).