Chrysler Repair/'94 LH Transmission in limp-mode

Hello once again Roland. I thought I was done with limp mode, but was wrong.  If you read back on our conversations, the last time I checked the new PRNDL switch and thought the lt.grn/blk wire to starter relay was bad. That couldn't be the problem as I can jump the relay and start the car.  I decided to put a micro switch in to by pass the relay and use it with the key on which works to start it. After the TCM was replace from the junk yard, the car shifted normally and after replacing the output speed sensor the spedo-tach resumed normal function.  Now once again the car is going into limp mode with the speedo-tach going crazy temporarily and then it stays in 3rd gear.  The car has also begun to misfire with a loping idle and chugging when in gear.  The trans fluid is normal colored.  I had put about 600 mile on the car before this started again, although the low rpm misfire is new.  If I drive the car in limp 3rd gear at about 4000 rpm the misfire almost goes away. I am wondering if all this is related to the PCM and if there is a way to check it,  Also if I get a junkyard PCM, do you know if can be reprogrammed to my car VIN.
Thanks for your opinion, Bob

My first suggestion would be to do a fault code readout with the ignition key as you no doubt have done in the past.
The readout will be of the PCM and there are various codes for a faulty pcm. The TCM has to be readout with the code reader and the underdash socket.
As I recall the PCM can be reprogrammed with the readout box also.
By the way, what month/days were our last communications,

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).