Chrysler Repair/replacing instrument panel: 90-95 LeBaron

Question
QUESTION: You've helped me with a couple of problems in the past so here I am again. I want to replace my basic inst. panel with an upgraded one with a tach and oil gauge. I found one online but I need instruction on removing the old one. Thanks in advance, Gene Welch
P.S. I used "find" but each item I clicked on sent me to ABOUT.COM.
P.P.S. Neither the new one or the old one is digital.

ANSWER: What is the year, model, body style and engine of your vehicle, Gene?

QUESTION: My bad! 1992 lebaron convertible, 6 cyl. 3.0 engine

Answer
Hi Gene,
First you have to remove the switch pod assembly above the cluster. Remove the top vent panel with a soft piece of wood prying up the edges. Remove 2 screws under the vent panel opening.
There are two screws on the underside of the pod assembly, one on the right side (front screw) and one on the left front (outboard screw), Move steering column to lowest position. Pull switch pod rearward and disconnect wiring.
Then address the cluster removal. Remove tilt column lever. Remove the screws that hold the cluster in place (I believe four screws). Pull cluster rearward. Tilt cluster to disconnect wiring. Remove cluster.
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston