Chrysler Repair/Windsheild wipers: '07 Minivan

Question
We have a 2007 Chrysler Touring 3.8 minivan. Today the wipers work then don't work. What can cause this? Where is the relay?

Answer
Hi Carl,
The '06 manual shows there are 2 relays in the power distribution box in the engine compartment. There is an off-on relay and a high/low speed relay. The power for the wipers is fuse #4 located adjacent to the two relays in the very front of the box. You should check that fuse to see if it might have a subtle crack in its wire that is opening/closing. Other than that, when the wipers don't work you will want to check the fuse again. Then try switching out the relays, one at a time, with other relays with the same part number in that box, to see if that might reveal a bad relay.
Beyond that, the wiper circuit is controlled by the multifunction switch which is "read" by the body computer which in turn operates the relays, accordingly. You would want to have the wiring diagrams to check for where that circuit is breaking down when the wipers don't work.
I can copy those pages and send them to you, but start by checking the fuse #4 and the relays as described above.
If your '07 box is different from what I described I also have the '08 which I can check out.
Roland
Roland

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston