Chrysler Repair/Windsheild wipers: '07 Minivan

We have a 2007 Chrysler Touring 3.8 minivan. Today the wipers work then don't work. What can cause this? Where is the relay?

Hi Carl,
The '06 manual shows there are 2 relays in the power distribution box in the engine compartment. There is an off-on relay and a high/low speed relay. The power for the wipers is fuse #4 located adjacent to the two relays in the very front of the box. You should check that fuse to see if it might have a subtle crack in its wire that is opening/closing. Other than that, when the wipers don't work you will want to check the fuse again. Then try switching out the relays, one at a time, with other relays with the same part number in that box, to see if that might reveal a bad relay.
Beyond that, the wiper circuit is controlled by the multifunction switch which is "read" by the body computer which in turn operates the relays, accordingly. You would want to have the wiring diagrams to check for where that circuit is breaking down when the wipers don't work.
I can copy those pages and send them to you, but start by checking the fuse #4 and the relays as described above.
If your '07 box is different from what I described I also have the '08 which I can check out.

Chrysler Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question, briefly unavailable, or asleep overnight, so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top Expert" 2010-2015, here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars.

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Advanced degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).